IntroductionWe aim to support you to devise and implement an effective teaching and learning strategy appropriate for your context. Our expected outcomes include active learner centred learning through blended teaching and learning and enhanced student learning experience in early nutrition. We also anticipate these will help you increase the topics you teach in the same teaching time and/or reduce teaching time for the same number of topics that are currently taught face-to-face only.
Description and aims
The e-learning tools toolkit will enable tutors to utilize the materials and questions in their teaching sessions.
Educators who wish to use digital and interactive education tools in their teaching sessions.
The e-learning tools can be used to vary teaching methods, including game-based learning.
Sample toolkit design
Suggestions of various available e-learning tools and quick user tips will be listed on the platform.
Implementation and delivery
Educators will be able to choose the appropriate tools for their teaching sessions.
Some suggested tools include:
Feel free to explore other tools such as Mentimeter, Wooclap, Quizziz and many other web 2.0 tools that may suit your specific needs in engaging your students.
Kahoot!Kahoot! is an educational platform that is based on games and questions. Through this tool, teachers can create questionnaires, discussions, or surveys that complement academic lessons. The material is projected in the classroom and questions are answered by students while playing and learning at the same time. Kahoot! promotes game-based learning, which increases student engagement and creates a dynamic, social, and fun educational environment.
SocrativeSocrative is a system that allows teachers to create exercises or educational games which students can solve using mobile devices, whether smartphones, laptops, or tablets. Teachers can see the results of the activities and, depending on these, modify the subsequent lessons in order to make them more personalized.
- Google Forms
Google FormsGoogle Formsis a form app that is included in the Google Drive office suite along with Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Slides. Forms features all of the collaboration and sharing features found in Docs, Sheets, and Slides. In its quiz form, it allows for instant feedback and formative assessment.
- You need a Google Drive account. If you have a Google account, then you already have a Google Drive account. Just log in using the same username and password.
- Click the “My Drive” button on the top left of the screen and select Google Forms.
Padlet is an application to create an online bulletin board that you can use to display information for any topic. Easily create an account and build a new board. You can add images, links, videos, columns for sorting or refining organization, and more. You can return to add more later. Settings allow you to make your wall completely open for public contributions, completely private, or moderated by you. Free accounts allow you to make 3 Padlets that include search, themes, stats, premium wallpapers, and cross-device support for uploaded videos.
Active Learning Tools
Watch VideoTutorialsPresentationBlog Post
Watch Video ResourcesPresentation
Watch VideoHandoutDownload Photostory3
- Sherlock holmes tv schedule
- Fidelity mutual fund tax information
- Dynamic course schedule uis
- Feit electric dimmable led
- Scoilnet: This website has a number of home usage supports for all subject areas and class groupings.Material on this website is updated regularly. www.scoilnet.ie
- Seomra Ranga : This website has a number of resources for each class grouping and SEN children. www.seomraranga.com
- Twinkl: www.twinkl.ie ( free access this month www.twinkl.ie/offer and enter the code IRLTWINKLHELPS )
- RTE Broadcast one hour programmes 11am -12pm Monday- Friday. www.buzz.ie/news/school-tv-children-coronavirus-360371
Build a Better World Art Competition: Toyota Ireland are running a Build a Better World Art Competition with a weekly theme.The winners will receive a €100 Art & Hobby Voucher. Visit Build a Better World Art Competition for more details.
Draw Our Heroes Art Competition:This is an Art competition for children and teenagers to draw a picture of their real life hero in this difficult time of the Corona Virus. Closing date for entries is the 30th of June. Click this link for more details on how to enter Draw Our Heroes Art Competition.
Padlets have a range of educational websites suitable for different class groupings with online games and activities.
- Junior and Senior Infants: organised by subject https://padlet.com/susan_b_gavin/xaxa8mv1axmi
- First and Second Class online activities https://padlet.com/ffarry1/firsec
- Third and Fourth Class padlet : https://padlet.com/ffarry1/thifou
- This padlet has websites and activities for all class groupings https://padlet.com/parteensolosinging/zfdq5n59llog
- Storyline: Listen to some of your favorite books. This site is suitable for Junior infants -4th class students . www.storylineonline.net
- Children’s Library: International Children’s Digital Library with online books for all age groups and levels. https://en.childrenslibrary.org
- Audio Elevenses: David Williams has released a free audio story every day for the next 30 days on this website. https://bit.ly/AudioElevenses
- Oxford Owl: This website offers free E-books at your child’s book band level. Each book also has activities provided. www.oxfordowl.co.uk
- Vooks.com : This website has animated books . A great resource especially for younger children. This site also has activities to accompany books. It currently has a free trial for all. www.vooks.com
- Libraries Ireland :Borrow eBooks and audio books just complete registration and set pin to access www.librariesireland.ie/join
- Topmarks: Online literacy and spelling games https://www.topmarks.co.uk/english-games/5-7-years/letters-and-sounds
- Get Squiggling: Junior and Senior Infants. These you tube videos help children practice their letter formation. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=let%27s+get+squiggling+
- Phonics: Learn to read- Alpha blocks. These videos help children learn https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=lalphablocks
- Sightwords.com: A good sight vocabulary includes word lists, games and ideas www.sightwords.com
- Briathra na Gaeilge App: ‘Briathra na Gaeilge’ or ‘Irish Verbs’ is a fun way to learn and engage with the Irish language.This app is available only on the App Store for iPhone and iPad.
- Saibhreas na Gaeilge App : is a substantial collection of Irish phrases, proverbs and vocabulary which is invaluable to any Irish language learner.The key features of the app include: Detailed information on hundreds of similes, common phrases and proverbs in Irish with translations into English.
- Eleathanach: Free weekly children’s newsletters as Gaeilge https://www.maynoothuniversity.ie/froebel-department-primary-and-early-childhood-education/eleathanach
- Cula4: Play Irish language games online at www.cula4.com
- Addition Tables Practice, really good for number facts https://arithmetic.zetamac.com/game?key=8205aef8
- Subtraction Tables Practice, number facts practice https://arithmetic.zetamac.com/game?key=07e035a9
- Multiplication Tables Level 1, number facts practice https://arithmetic.zetamac.com/game?key=13fdc8c6
- Multiplication Tables Level 2, number facts practice https://arithmetic.zetamac.com/game?key=5b087182
- Multiplication Tables Level 3, number facts practice https://arithmetic.zetamac.com/game?key=7550253f
- Mathsisfun has good tutorials for maths operations www.mathisfun.com
- Khan Academy: offers practice exercises, instructional videos, and a personalized learning dashboard that empower learners to study Maths. https://www.khanacademy.org/
PE/ SPHE and Mindfulness Activities
- Smiling mind: Free app that provides short audio sessions to help with mindfulness. https://www.smilingmind.com.au/smiling-mind-app
- Go Noodle: Movement, mindfulness activities J Infants – 6th class www.gonoodle.com
- Joe Wicks : Physical Education lessons at 9am Monday to Friday. All videos are on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz0go1pTda8
- Kids Gardening: Gardening activities designs www.kidsgardening.org/garden-activities
- Out of the Ark: Music and singing activities: This website provides a new song every day the children can sing along with. https://www.outoftheark.co.uk/ootam-at-home/?utm_medium=email&utm_cam
Geography/History and Science
- DK Find Out: Learn about dinosaurs, space, animals, nature & more. Fun learning activities for kids with videos, quizzes & galleries suitable for all ages and good for project work www.dkfindout.com
- Ducsters.com: An educational site covering subjects such as history, science, geography, math, and biographies good project work www.ducksters.com
- Junior Einsteins kids science club have been uploading live science experiments www.junioreinsteinsscienceclub.com
- Science Kids:A science website with science facts, interactive games and some easy experiments using everyday items. www.sciencekids.co.nz
.Padlet Tutorial - How to Get Started Guide
- Pbs british comedies list
- Bobs burgers imdb
- Van wert independent
- Urban air adventure park utah
- Frankincense tablets
- Clustering in mq
- Frida kahlo poncho